Since monitoring exposure across states, local jurisdictions, and US territories can be complicated, the Exposure map was created to ensure you can easily visualize the scale of your exposure. This birds-eye view of your U.S. exposure will enable you to seamlessly track how far you are from complete tax compliance.
Within the Exposure map, there are five potential statuses (detailed in the Status legend) for a jurisdiction:
- — This represents a jurisdiction that is either not exposed or has no taxable products in your product catalog. We recommend reviewing whether any employee in this jurisdiction will require a physical nexus update.
- — This represents a jurisdiction that is close to reaching its economic nexus and/or physical nexus exposure threshold. We recommend getting a head start on registering in these jurisdictions to reduce your amount of exposed sales.
- — This represents a jurisdiction that has reached its economic and/or physical nexus exposure threshold. These jurisdictions likely have an exposed sales amount, so we recommend immediately starting the registration process.
- — This represents a jurisdiction that is currently in the process of registration. We recommend checking for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org for any required next steps.
- — This represents a jurisdiction that is currently remitting and filing. We recommend reviewing your taxable products in the jurisdiction, along with looking over any currently open returns.
Anrok tracks your physical and economic nexus against each jurisdiction's threshold requirements. All jurisdiction-specific tests and their respective units of measurement are monitored by Anrok for you.
Use the interactive Exposure map
You can quickly utilize the Exposure map to keep track of your exposure status across the United States and get a sense of how far you are from complete sales tax compliance.
Try reviewing your Exposure map in the demo above ☝️
- In the Anrok app , go to Dashboard. Take me there!
- Under Exposure map, review the status of each state jurisdiction.
- Under Local & territory exposure, review the status of each local and territory jurisdiction.
- Click on a jurisdiction to be directed to its jurisdiction details page.
If you have any questions about how to use the Exposure map, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com for more information.