Once you’ve finished the Anrok & Bill.com integration process, there are still a few additional steps you’ll need to complete within Bill.com before you can start creating and editing invoices. This will ensure that your Bill.com account has been properly configured for tax calculation.
Remove sales tax from your invoice template
When Anrok calculates sales tax on an invoice, it will add it as a line item — using the Tax item you created. To ensure you and your customers do not get confused over "Tax" appearing twice on your invoices, we suggest that you remove sales tax from your invoice template.
Try removing sales tax from your invoice template in the demo above ☝️
- In the BILL app , go to Settings > Receivables > Invoice Templates. Take me there!
- Click New or select your existing default invoice template.
- Click the pencil button in the top-right corner, then select the following information:
- Default: select the checkbox (if not already selected).
- Sales Tax: deselect the checkbox (if already selected).
- When you are finished, click Save.
Have customers add a VAT ID to their company profile
Adding a VAT ID to your customer records will be essential for tracking international economic nexus exposure. Once a VAT ID has been added, Anrok can use your customer's VAT ID to verify an invoice's taxability in a given country/region. Since VAT IDs can only be added by the customer themselves, you will need to instruct the customers who have Bill.com accounts to add VAT IDs to their profiles.
Try adding a VAT ID to a company profile in the demo above ☝️
- In the BILL app , go to Settings > Company Profile > Documents. Take me there!
- Select Details, then click Details.
- Click the pencil button in the top-right corner.
- Under Control your network profile visibility, select Public (if not already selected).
- Next to Tax ID, enter the VAT ID.
- Next to Tax ID Type, select EIN (Employer Identification Number).
- When you are finished, scroll down and click Save.
Now that your Anrok & Bill.com integration is complete, feel free to explore our Bill.com FAQ or reach out to us directly at email@example.com if you need any extra support or guidance.