Once you’ve finished the Anrok & Chargebee integration process, there are still a few additional steps you’ll need to complete within Chargebee before you can start creating and editing invoices. This will ensure that your Chargebee account has been properly configured for tax calculation.
Validate your existing customer addresses
The Chargebee & Anrok integration can be used to validate your existing customer addresses to determine the taxability of their invoices.
Note: For customers who have subscriptions created before enabling Anrok, Chargebee will automatically cancel their subscriptions during renewal if tax cannot be determined. Therefore, it's important that you validate the addresses on existing subscriptions to view and fix invalid addresses.
Try validating your existing customer addresses in the demo above ☝️
- In the Chargebee app , go to Apps.
- Next to Anrok, click Manage.
- Under Validate Existing Addresses, click Choose an option.
- Click the checkbox next to United States, then click Run Check.
Enable customer VAT ID collection
Adding a VAT ID to your customer records will be essential for tracking international economic nexus exposure. Once a VAT ID has been added, Anrok can use your customer's VAT ID to verify an invoice's taxability in a given country/region. To add this information, you will first need to enable VAT ID collection in Chargebee.
Try enabling VAT ID collection in the demo above ☝️
- In the Chargebee app , go to Settings > Configure Chargebee > Taxes.
- Under Regions, select the taxable region associated with the VAT ID you are adding. If you have not created the taxable region, you can add one by clicking + Add region.
- Turn on the toggle to collect Tax Registration Number from customers.
Add VAT IDs to your customer records
Once you've enabled VAT ID collection in Chargebee, you can then begin recording VAT IDs on your customer records.
Note: Multiple VAT IDs may be associated with a single customer, Anrok will see the applicable VAT ID for the country to which the transaction applies.
Try adding a VAT ID to a customer record in the demo above ☝️
- In the Chargebee app , go to Customers.
- Under Customer Info, select a customer.
- On the right, click Add Billing Info.
- Under Country, select a country or region.
- Under VAT Reg Number, enter the customer's VAT ID.
- When you are finished, click Create.