As mentioned in What is nexus and do I have it?, sales tax nexus can be established in a jurisdiction by physical presence. To record physical nexus in Anrok, please watch or follow the below steps:
- Navigate to the Jurisdictions page in the navigation panel.
- Click on the jurisdiction's row, "+ Add physical nexus" link, or "Manage physical nexus" to update your physical nexus information.
- When you click on the jurisdiction's row, you will be directed to the jurisdiction's detailed overview page. Click "Edit" at the top of the page to continue.
- In the Physical nexus section, click "Record physical nexus".
- Enter the effective date (or select one using the date picker) for when you established physical presence nexus in the jurisdiction. Click "Save" at the top of the page to record physical nexus in the jurisdiction.
- Anrok uses this information to help you determine what your sales tax obligations are in taxing jurisdictions.
Follow the below instructions to update multiple jurisdictions at once.
- On the Jurisdictions page, click "+ Add physical nexus" or "Manage physical nexus".
- A modal will appear, where you select and add the jurisdiction(s) you want to make changes for.
- Add an "Effective date" and "Notes" (optional) to the jurisdictions selected.
- Click "Remove from list" if you do not want to make any changes to the jurisdiction. Removing it from the modal does not mean the effective date of the jurisdiction will be removed, if there was an existing physical nexus effective date recorded for the jurisdiction. It just means the jurisdiction is being removed from the list of updates.
- Enter an effective date to record physical nexus in all jurisdictions.
- You can add more jurisdictions to update by selecting it in the "Add jurisdiction" dropdown.
- Please note, you can only change the physical nexus effective date for jurisdictions where you have not submitted a registration yet.
- Once complete, click "Save" and we will use the information entered to help determine your sales tax obligations in the associated jurisdiction.
Follow the steps outlined above if you need to make any changes to your physical nexus information.
Please reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Thank you.