There may be some circumstances where taxpayers may want to edit transactions into/out of a tax return. A common example is if a taxpayer has a large invoice that is unpaid and wants to preserve cash flow and wait to report that transaction until it is paid (see here for a discussion of cash/accrual in the tax context). Anrok allows users to manually adjust transactions in their returns at any time up until a return is Approved for Easyfile.
How do I edit a transaction out of or into a return?
To edit a transaction into or out of a return:
Select the return you want to edit from your Returns & Payments list. Returns eligible for editing will either be in the Action Required or Open section.
- Once you are within the return, scroll down to the bottom where the list of all transactions associated with that return exists. From here select the Edit button in the right-hand corner.
To remove a transaction from a return:
- To remove a transaction from the return, select the transaction(s) you want to remove from the left-hand list using the checkbox next to the transaction(s). You can also filter and select based on date or search for a specific transaction using the search bar at the top.
- Once you have selected the transactions you want to remove, click the arrow in the middle pointing to the right, to move those transactions out of the return. The transactions will automatically move out of the return, no need to click save or any other action.
- You will see the transactions excluded from the specific return in the right-hand column.
- You can see a comprehensive list of transactions that are not associated with returns at any time in your Transactions list, using the second tab labeled Unassociated.
To add a transaction back into a return:
- To add a transaction back into a return, select the transaction(s) you want to add back in from the right-hand list using the checkbox next to the transaction(s). You can also filter and select based on date or search by transaction ID.
- Once you have selected the transactions you want to move into the respective return, click the arrow in the middle pointing to the left, to move those transactions into the return. The transactions will automatically move, no need to click save or take any other action.