When you hire a remote employee, you could trigger sales tax obligations in their jurisdiction due to physical nexus. As people move and your business scales, physical presence can be hard to track manually.
You can now integrate your HR system with Anrok to receive alerts when an employee may have triggered physical nexus in a new jurisdiction.
Connect through Finch
Anrok uses Finch to connect to your HR system and pull in employee location data on a regular basis. Simply select your HR system, provide your credentials or API key, and let Anrok do the rest.
Figure 1: Log in to your HR system through the Finch modal in Data Sources
Anrok will have limited read-only access to employee locations, employment dates, and email addresses. Anrok will not have access to salary information, and will not be able to add, edit, or delete any information from your system.
Watch for alerts
Anrok will provide in-app alerts and send you an email when:
- A hire has been detected in a jurisdiction where you have not recorded physical nexus
- A hire date detected in your HR system is earlier than the physical nexus date recorded in Anrok
Figure 2: Exposure alerts will show on the Jurisdictions page
After receiving an alert:
- Go to the relevant jurisdiction page
- Review the discrepancy
- Record/edit the physical nexus date in Anrok to match
- Register for the jurisdiction if the status flips to "Exposed"
Figure 3: Click "Record physical nexus" to resolve the discrepancy
Anrok uses a 3rd-party provider, Finch, to connect to the following HR systems:
- ADP WFN
- Paychex Flex
- Quickbooks Payroll
- Run Powered by ADP
- Sage HR (API)
- Sapling (API)
- Square Payroll